I found this after searching a lot. It will work perfectly fine for me.
- Go to "Git Bash" just like cmd. Right click and "Run as Administrator".
- Press enter.
- It will ask you to save the key to the specific directory.
- Press enter. It will prompt you to type password or enter without password.
- The public key will be created to the specific directory.
- Now go to the directory and open
- You'll see a file
id_rsa.pub. Open it on notepad. Copy all text from it.
- Go to https://gitlab.com/profile/keys .
- Paste here in the "key" textfield.
- Now click on the "Title" below. It will automatically get filled.
- Then click "Add key".
Now give it a shot and it will work for sure.
~ Answered on 2017-03-02 12:59:50